Our Carpet Cleaning Process
As you’re spending more time at home, have you noticed your carpets looking dirty or dingy? As a general rule, you should deep clean your carpets every 12-18 months.
At SERVPRO of Catonsville, our professionals use IICRC (Institution of Inspection and Restoration Certification) standards for carpet care as a guide and we will help you make best decisions to care for your carpet. This includes:
- Showing you what cleaning option would be best for your level of soiling.
- Giving you an estimate of time and cost for the carpet cleaning.
- Explaining the benefits of soil protection and the advantages of a clean carpet for good indoor air quality
What are the different types of carpet cleaning?
1. Bonnet Cleaning Cleaning/maintenance method for light soiling.
- Carpet is lightly sprayed with cleaning solution.
- A rotary extractor with a “bonnet” pad is used to pull soil from the carpet.
2. Hot Water Extraction Cleaning for light to moderate soiling.
- Truck mount or portable extraction unit applies cleaning solution with hot water while extracting soils.
3. Deluxe Precondition and Rinse Cleaning for moderate to heavy soiling; pre-treat and rinse.
- Soil emulsifier sprayed on carpet, setting for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Thorough rinse and extraction of soils.
4. Showcase Premier Cleaning Cleaning for moderate to heavy soiling.
- Two-step process:
- Shampoo applied with rotary equipment.
- Thorough rinse and extract of soils.
For questions about Carpet Cleaning or to schedule your service, call us: 410-242-7370
About SERVPRO of Catonsville
SERVPRO of Catonsville specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. SERVPRO of Catonsville is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here, too and we are proud to be part of the Catonsville community.