Cleaning & Disinfecting: Soft Surfaces, Electronics, & Laundry
In addition to recommendations for wiping down frequently touched surfaces in your home, the CDC offers the following guidelines for Soft Surfaces, Electronics, and Laundry.
For soft surfaces such as carpeted floor, rugs, and drapes.
• Clean the surface using soap and water or with cleaners appropriate for use on these surfaces.
• Launder items (if possible) according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely.
• Disinfect with an EPA-registered household disinfectant.
For electronics, such as tablets, touch screens, keyboards, and remote controls.
• Consider putting a wipeable cover on electronics
• Follow manufacturer’s instruction for cleaning and disinfecting. (If no guidance, use alcohol-based wipes or sprays containing at least 70% alcohol. Dry surface thoroughly.)
For clothing, towels, linens and other items.
• Launder items according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely.
• Wear disposable gloves when handling dirty laundry from a person who is sick.
• Dirty laundry from a person who is sick can be washed with other people’s items.
• Do not shake dirty laundry.
• Clean and disinfect clothes hampers according to CDC guidance for surfaces.
• Remove gloves, and wash hands right away.
Questions about cleaning and disinfecting your home? Call us: 410-242-7370
About SERVPRO of Catonsville
SERVPRO of Catonsville specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. SERVPRO of Catonsville is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here, too and we are proud to be part of the Catonsville community.