Storm Safety Tips
Thunderstorm Safety Tips
To keep your home and family safe before and during a thunderstorm, it’s imperative that you take precautionary measures — especially if you live in an area prone to storms.
To prepare for a thunderstorm, we recommend:
- Putting together an emergency kit and family plan
- Removing debris and branches
- Securing outdoor objects that could blow away or damage the home
- Staying inside your home
- Closing all exterior windows and doors
- Unplugging all electronic equipment before the storm.
While there isn’t much you can do to prevent a severe thunderstorm, you can keep the damages to a minimum by securing as much in your home as possible and reinforcing the defenses around your home exterior. Tie down your roofing or seal it with mortar, call SERVPRO of Catonsville to clean up all the debris within and around your house.We are storm damage professionals who can come in following a natural disaster and help with the recovery. SERVPRO of Catonsville 410-242-7370